Job Title: Support Worker & Weekend Club
Hours: 24.5, 32 or 35.5 hours per week (21, 28 or 32 hours Support Worker + 6/7 hours every other Saturday at weekend club)
Pay Rate: £9.93 per hour
Location: Salford & Stockport
Are you looking to help people grow, learn new skills, live a healthy and active life? If so, why not join our team today where you can have a growing role in helping amazing people achieve their goals each day!
At the Together Trust, our vision is a society where people thrive because they are valued within their communities. For 150 years we’ve been championing and caring for people with disabilities, autism and complex health needs. We provide life-changing support for looked-after children and care-experienced people. Today we’re proud to be one of the North West’s leading disability charities.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Working 4 days a week Monday to Friday (9 am – 4 / 4.30 pm) at our day service in Salford and 1 day at our weekend club on alternating weekends in Stockport (10 am – 4 pm)
- Enable the individuals we support with complex health care needs, learning disabilities and/or an autism spectrum condition, to lead an independent life.
- Providing high-quality person-centred care, tailored to the needs of each individual, based on their lifestyle.
- Working alongside our existing team, offering a diverse range of exciting and varied activities – bring your hobbies to work!
Why work for us?
Together we work hard, enjoy our jobs, and support each other. We offer excellent rewards and wellbeing-based benefits:
- We are proud to be a real living wage employer and offer incremental pay progression
- 27 days annual leave rising to 30 after 5 years of service
- 25% hourly enhanced pay for weekend shifts
- Occupational sick pay and family friendly policies
- Company pension plan with 7% employer contribution
- Comprehensive training and continuing development opportunities
- Long service awards including cash gifts and extra holiday
- Mental Health First Aiders offering support from trained colleagues, and free mental health support through Able Futures
- Support and advice for health, life, money and work through Lifeworks
- Access to health plans where you can subscribe to claim towards therapy, dental etc. through Simply Health
- Flexible working and lone working policies
- Free online classes e.g. yoga and sewing and many more
- A range of discounts and cycle to work scheme
To be considered for the role, you will need to:
- Be able to travel to both Salford and Stockport – ideally you will be a driver.
- Possess good communication, and organisational skills.
- Be able to work flexibly including weekends.
- Be able to engage, listen and communicate in a variety of ways and demonstrate emotional resilience.
- Always reflect our values of being positive, professional, passionate and supportive.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any previous experience! Our excellent training, development and support will make sure you have everything you need to do the very best in your role.
Apply online today, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 8321 for more information.
Together Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.