Job Description: Senior Care Worker
Salary: £13.34 per hour
Hours: 24 or 36
Location: Blackheath, London
Are you a driven individual who can make a positive difference to people’s lives? Are you Supportive and Passionate about Care?
You will feel like part of the Morden College family when you join us as a Senior Care Worker at Cullum Welch Court.
- As a Senior Care Worker you will be a visible leader, coordinating and organising daily duties, leading your shift to ensure that care is responsive to the needs of each resident.
- You will administer medication and provide person centred care and support to our residents with compassion and empathy.
- You will assist with the delivery of a programme of activity that is tailored and meaningful that focuses on maximising wellbeing, independence, and social engagement.
- Take personal responsibility to act on feedback from staff and people who use services, their families and carers.
- Ability to use your imagination to engage others.
- Ability to make others smile.
- Ability to work from the heart.
- Ability to make the most of the time you have, to provide positive social interactions.
- To be non-judgemental towards others
- Ability to listen and respect others’ points of view even if you disagree.
- Prepared to challenge yourself to try new things.
- Able to show authority by personally intervening when appropriate.
- Personally, shows awareness of responses of others to your actions and behaviours.
- Reflects on own work and gives and receives constructive feedback to enable team development.
Our values are at the heart of everything that we do, and we are passionate about providing high quality care through our person-centred focus
Our Values are Respectful, Compassionate, Accountable & Progressive
We will provide you with 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time roles), additional holidays for long service, an enhanced pension, free onsite parking, a 24/7 employee assistance programme, life assurance and flexible working. The College actively encourages individuals to expand their knowledge and understanding to the benefit of all parties, and actively supports CPD opportunities through a generous learning and development budget.
Call us now for more information on 0121 713 8330