Job title: Female Support Worker
Location: The Willows - Leatherhead
Pay rate: £9.50
Contract: Full and Part time hours available
Full or part time positions (full-time varies between 37.5 - 40 hours/week) flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, sleep-ins.
Immediate start dates available!
Do you dream about being a part of a dynamic team, providing top quality care to amazing individuals to achieve their goals and more? If yes, then join our SeeAbility team today and make those dreams a reality!
Why join SeeAbility?
We are one of the oldest disability charities in the UK and has pioneered specialist support for over 220 years.
We recognise that although this job is rewarding, it can also be challenging so we offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on your wellbeing. This includes:
- Discounts platform ‘The Hive’ for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Flexible approach to working and working hours
- Fast track inductions
- Pension scheme
- Long Service, Employee of the Month and Annual Staff Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- Wellbeing coaches in house to help ensure you are well supported
- Fantastic and supportive team where managers are focused on helping you to achieve your goals and aspirations
- Paid enhanced DBS
- First Bus save 10% on monthly bus travel
- Recruitment Bonus Scheme – ‘Refer a friend’ and receive a generous £600 (eligibility criteria apply – please see ‘The Hive’ for more details)
- Further support for professional qualifications and study leave, to open up your career options at SeeAbility including QCF level 3 to 5.
- 28 days annual leave increasing with length of service
- Life assurance
This is a lively residential home for adults with a range of complex needs. We specialise in supporting people who have learning disabilities or are autistic, many of whom have sight loss.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Building positive relationships with the people we support and their families.
- Working alongside our existing team, offering a diverse range of exciting and varied activities.
- Supporting with day to day living tasks such as housekeeping, cooking, cleaning and personal care.
- Completing paperwork, incident reports and handovers between staff.
To be considered for the role, you will need to:
- Be patient and calm under pressure as well as be sociable, caring and supportive
- A passion for genuinely wanting to help the people we support to live their best lives.
- Be able to engage, listen and communicate in a variety of ways and demonstrate emotional resilience.
- Always reflect our values of being creative, brave, passionate and to do what is right.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any previous experience! Our excellent training, development and support will make sure you have everything you need to do the very best in your role.
Apply online today, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 8340 for more information.
SeeAbility is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.