Do you want to finish your day knowing you have made a genuine difference to someone’s life?
Coloma Court prides itself on ensuring that everything we do has our residents at heart. We focus on the things that make a difference to the people in our care, meaning truly personalised care delivered by staff who are committed to delivering care with the kind of personal attention they’d want for their loved ones.
We recruit based on values – However, for this role, you will need to be a qualified and experienced nurse (RGN) who has a proven track record along with evidence of PREP (post-registration Education and Practice), along with a Level 2-3 QCF qualification in Health and Social Care. You must also have previous experience of working in care for the elderly and be knowledgeable of the statutory requirements associated with care of the elderly.
FULL AND PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- As a valuable member of our team, a Unit Manager will be managing a unit within the home ensuring it is adequately staffed, resourced and able to always deliver high quality and safe resident care.
- Unit Managers ensure that the performance and conduct of staff is monitored and to take corrective action when necessary. This includes, where appropriate, involvement in the disciplinary process.
- As a Unit Manager, you will be taking responsibility for the ordering and management of medication administration for all residents on the unit.
- Being a Unit Manager involves ensuring that clear and accurate records and communication systems are relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
- A Unit Manager will need to ensure staff working in the unit, including bank staff, receive supervision at least six times a year, including an annual appraisal for their personal and professional development.
- An important duty of a Unit Manager is to be responsible for the duty rotas of the unit and to participate in the weekend on-call rotas.
- By becoming a Unit Manager, you will need to identify the needs of the residents and organise staff, equipment and resources so the resident can be looked after.
- Unit Managers act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice and demonstrates a caring disposition towards others.
Apply now or speak to our friendly onboarding team!
We really care about our staff and offer a variety of benefits.
- Free Uniform
- Life assurance Benefits
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral Scheme up to £1000
- Occupational Health Support
- Health and Wellbeing Programme and Rewards:
- GP consultations, Mental Health Treatment, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and counselling
- Discounted Gym Membership
- 50% off a coffee every week from Café Nero
- 75% off Champneys Spa breaks.
- Subsidised Apple Watches and Amazon Prime membership and discount on hotel bookings with Expedia
- Long Service Award
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Inhouse Mental Health First Aiders
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Eligible for Blue Light Card
- Ample Free on-site Parking
Apply now or speak to our friendly onboarding team on 02033 434 002
Once you’re a part of our team, we’ll also be working with you to ensure that the work you do with us remains challenging and engaging throughout your career as you develop and progress.
We offer all employees the training to be able to go higher within their care home careers, which helps to make our employees feel safe and valued within the company.