Job Title: Night Shift Leader
Pay Rates: £12.65 - £13.92 per hour.
Location: Little Bramingham Farm, Luton
Hours: 24hrs per week
Are you passionate about promoting wellbeing and helping people live well in later life?
Little Bramingham Farm is full of passionate care assistants and were looking for a dedicated Shift/Team Leader to join our wonderful team. Set on the outskirts of Luton, Bedfordshire, Little Bramingham Farm offers an oasis of calm in an urban environment. Our attractive grounds have been developed over the years by our residents and our dedicated staff team. We provide high quality care services for our residents, including residential and dementia care. Our focus is on promoting wellbeing and enhancing the lives of our residents by providing tailored care to meet their individual needs.
What are the duties?
- You’ll make sure our residents are safe and comfortable.
- You’ll act as a champion for their safety and dignity.
- You’ll lead the team in providing quality, individualised care for our residents in line with procedures and policies.
- You’ll make sure that clear, accurate records are kept.
- You’ll follow our procedures for ordering, administering and dispensing medication.
- You’ll maintain a safe, clean workplace and follow infection control protocols.
- You'll complete personal care, including toileting, bathing, showering, catheter/stoma care, bed changing and more dependant on the needs of the service user, whilst always maintaining their dignity.
Apply now and step into the wonderful world of care!
Must have experience in handling and administering medication
NVQ Level 3
You will be a part of the management team, there for you must be able to lead and supervise your peers
Knowledge of MCA, DoLS and Safeguarding.
We also offer:
- Group Pension Plan, with a 6% contribution from us
- Access to a free and confidential Employee Assistance programme, offering advice, counselling, and support on life matters.
- Retail discount schemes to make your salary go further.
- Access to loans at affordable rates, saving directly from salary and advance pay already earnt.
- Access to Unmind, an app for your mental health and wellbeing.
- Health cash plans for you and your family, to help with everyday healthcare such as dental, optical and physiotherapy.
- Paid breaks.
- Monthly prize draw, with 3 prizes to be won.
- Interest free travel loans and ride to work scheme.
- Long service awards, that increase with length of service.
- Refer a friend to work for us and you both receive a £200 bonus.
- Free parking at our homes and day clubs.
- Evening, weekend, and bank holiday enhancements to pay, as well as overtime premiums.
- Uniforms are provided.
- Free DBS checks
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Friends of the Elderly strives to treat all staff equally and be a diverse and inclusive workplace, where everyone can be themselves and everyone accepts each other’s differences. A charity where everyone is equal but definitely not the same!
Our ambition is to ensure equality and celebrate diversity, all working together to create an inclusive workplace, which attracts and retains the best people. People that care and can make a difference.
We value all our staff, service users, volunteers and contractors and strive to respect everyone as individuals, understand their perspectives, and provide a supported workplace so that everyone can thrive.
We are committed to listening, learning, and improving our workplace and we ask all our staff to make a personal commitment to educate themselves; and engage in conversations with colleagues, so that we can all learn and share our stories and treat everyone equally.
We encourage everyone to call out any actions or behaviours not consistent with our values, and champion the rights of all our staff.
Keeping everyone safe - As one of the charity’s core values, keeping people safe is central to everything we do at Friends of the Elderly. All staff follow our Safeguarding Policy & Procedure and, if they see or suspect abuse, we expect staff report it straight away.
Criminal record checks:
As this role involves a regulated activity, successful applicants will undertake an enhanced DBS check, with barred lists check, and any offer of employment will be dependent on a satisfactory outcome. Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar a person from working for us, this will depend on the circumstances and background of any record.
Apply online today or email email@example.com or call our friendly recruitment team on 01217138348 for more information.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.