Job Title: Senior Care Assistant (Nights)
Hours: Full and Part Time Opportunities!
Pay rate: £11.70 with NVQ Level 2, £12.94 with NVQ Level 3
Location: Bucklers Lodge, Berkshire, RG45 6HZ – Brand new home!
Shift patterns: 8:00pm – 8:00am
Do you want to finish your day knowing you’ve made a genuine difference to someone’s life? Are you passionate about helping others to achieve their goals – not matter how big or small? Then we have the job for you!
Bucklers Lodge is a brand-new luxury care home located in Crowthorne, Berkshire and provides high quality residential and dementia care to up to 80 residents.
Greensleeves Care is one of the most respected care charities in the United Kingdom and have been supporting older people for more than 20 years. At Greensleeves Care, they live by the mantra of “You’re Among Friends”.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Ensure the healthcare needs of the residents are met by liaising with external health professionals.
- Carry out regular checks on residents during the night and on the building with special reference to fire prevention at intervals determined by the manager.
- Be aware of the security of the residents and building, locking external doors and windows.
- Promote mental and physical activities for residents through the key worker system.
- Review and update care plans for new and existing residents.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in staff meetings, training, supervisions, appraisals, and development activities.
- Maintaining an environment that is appropriate to the needs of those we support.
- Supporting individuals with day to day living tasks such as personal care, housekeeping, mealtimes, social interactions, and activities in the community.
In order to be considered for the role, you will need to:
- A minimum NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a care environment supporting elderly residents.
- At least 1 years’ experience administering medication.
- At least 1 years’ experience of leading a shift or running the floor.
- Knowledge and understanding of using computer systems to update care plans, write reports and audits.
- Be a team player, enthusiastic and show a can-do attitude.
- Be kind-hearted, calm, and compassionate towards our residents.
- Be able to work flexibly across varying shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Be aligned to our core values of Respect, Openness and Responsibility.
Why work with us?
- 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays.
- Opportunities to undertake QCF level qualifications with an endorsed skills for care provider.
- Free learning and development.
- Company pension scheme.
- Length of service awards.
- Employee Assistant Programme.
Apply online today, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 8347 for more information.