Waking Night Worker
Location: Long Stratton, Norfolk
Salary: £20,321 - £21,746 per annum, depending on qualifications (additional £55 per sleep in)
Break Charity provide vulnerable children and young people with disability and complex needs across East Anglia the support that they need to achieve their full potential. Whether that’s through short break services, or providing a residential home, they believe that with the right care there is no limit to what can be achieved. At Break, they strive to provide the highest quality of care and create a warm and nurturing environment for these children and young people to transform their futures.
About the role
As a Waking Night Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Providing excellent standards of individualised care during a waking night shift.
- Meeting the emotional, physical, and developmental needs of the children and young people.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the children and young people, their families, and other professionals.
- Assisting the children with personal care.
- Administering medication when required.
- Supporting with housekeeping, cooking, and cleaning.
- Display a patient and resilient attitude.
- Display compassion, positivity, and fun.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent or a willingness to complete within 2 years of appointment.
- Previous experience of working in a similar setting is desirable.
- An understanding of working with children and young people who display challenging behaviours.
- Flexible to meet the needs of our shift patterns including weekends and holidays.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
What you will get in return:
- Free, career-enhancing qualifications.
- £250 welcome bonus paid to you one month after your start date and a second £250 at the six-month mark.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
- Free counselling services.
- Life Assurance to the value of 3 X your annual salary.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Free flu jabs.
Apply online today or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 8347 for more information.
Recruit Better are an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, or any other personal circumstances.